Upcoming meeting: The next club meeting will be held on May 28th. This is the much anticipated “Drive Your Other Car” night. Bring an interesting vehicle that your fellow club members haven’t seen, or just bring your TC. There will be a parking lot show before the official meeting, followed by snacks and chat about the iron parked outside. Previous years have seen some great cars show up, so don’t miss out! Note early 7PM start time for car show. An unofficial dinner will precede the event. See the Calendar Page for more program and event info.
Events: Our next event is the “Santa Susana Mountains Historical Tour”, and will take place on Saturday, May 25.
Enjoy a multi-part driving tour of the scenic Santa Susana Mountains and learn about the early pioneering history of the region. See sights including:
- Santa Susana Train Depot and Museum, built in 1903. Fully restored as a museum of not only train-related material, from small artifacts to rail cycles, but also with the rich history of film-making in the area. Countless westerns were made here back in the old days. Also see a HUGE, working model train room plus videos on train history.
- Pioneer Church. Built in 1903 and expanded in the 1920’s, this picturesque church has been in continual use for most of its years.
- Minnie Hill Palmer House and gardens. Built in 1911, this is the last remaining homestead cottage in the San Fernando Valley. Small museum on site near the cottage.
- Views of the original 1800’s stagecoach road through the Santa Susana pass.
- Santa Fe train tunnels (built 1900-1904, still in use) traveling underneath the mountains.
- …and other historic sights along the route!
Overall driving distance is minimal, and entirely on side roads. Lunch will follow the event. See the Calendar Page for more program and event info.
Web Site: More new items recently added to the site!
- One of our long-standing regalia items “T-Clinics” is now available as a complete set for FREE download on the Technical Resources page.
- Further updates made to “The History of the TC Motoring Guild Badge“.
- A search bar has been added to the right side of your screen. Use this to search out specific content on the site.
- New photos have been added to the Early Photos page in the History section. Several are of founding member Frank Mason.
- Another article also added to the “Period Pieces” section of the History Page entitled “Of Men and Cars – Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance” and written by Frank Mason in 1967.
As always we are seeking photos for the Members Gallery showing you and your TC. We also welcome member biographies so your fellow TCMG’ers can learn a bit about you, your history with your TC or anything else you care to write about. Historic photos and stories are also being sought to expand our TCMG History section on the site. Please send what you have to Steve Simmons.