Upcoming meeting: March 26: “The Great Race: A TCMG Production”
Our feature presentation is a movie made by TCMG members in the late 1960’s called “The Great Race”.
Movie description: In the hills around Malibu Canyon’s Tapia Park, a small group of TC owners gathered for an informal club race. But with a nice trophy and a few side bets on the line, things get a bit nasty. Cars are sabotaged and course markers are switched resulting in numerous breakdowns and wrong turns along the way. Fortunately, the hero survives the mayhem and saves the day for all. The Cast: The Wimers, Wilmers, Goodmans, Goldsteins, Douglasses, Binfords, Ashenfelters, and Bill Fulton. Who is the villain? Who is the hero? Will we recognize the young cast? Be there to find out! See the Calendar Page for more program and event info.
Here is a special item from the February meeting for those who weren’t there. Roughly 40 TCMG members gathered to honor Joe Douglass’ 54 years of service to the TC Motoring Guild with a plaque and lifetime paid dues from this year forward. Thank you Joe, well deserved!
Events: Our next event will be announced soon. Watch this space.
The March event was enjoyed by all who attended. We had a total of 22 people and five TCs (plus one SA Saloon) on the outing.
Congratulations to Joyce Edgar for winning the coveted Lame Duk Kup at our February event! See scenes from the event in our Video Vault.
Membership: Welcome to our newest members Charles & Susan Roehrl!
Web Site: NEW PAGES ADDED!
- A new article has been added to the “Period Pieces” section of the History Page. It is entitled “TC – The Classic Anachronism” and was written by our own Jim Crandall for Safety Fast magazine in 1963.
- A new page has been added entitled, “The History of the TC Motoring Guild Badge“. This page dives into the history of our beloved car badge and shows the differences between the various types offered over the years.
- Also be sure to check out the newly redesigned Regalia Page, with several items listed that haven’t been advertised for years!
- The page isn’t new, but a video from the 2013 Lame Duk Kup has been added to the Video Vault page.
- A search bar has been added to the right side of your screen. Use this to search out specific content on the site.
- New photos have been added to the Early Photos page in the History section. Several are of founding member Frank Mason.
- Another article also added to the “Period Pieces” section of the History Page entitled “Of Men and Cars – Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance” and written by Frank Mason in 1967.
As always we are seeking photos for the Members Gallery showing you and your TC. We also welcome member biographies so your fellow TCMG’ers can learn a bit about you, your history with your TC or anything else you care to write about. Historic photos and stories are also being sought to expand our TCMG History section on the site. Please send what you have to Steve Simmons.